Monday, December 04, 2006

FC Post 1...

Michael Clark you little devil, you've only gone and upset and delighted me in equal measures...

In scoring his beautifully crafted ton against us early this morning, 'Pup' proved that he has the potential to go on and be a fabulous cricketer for Australia in the future.

Being only 25, he's got plenty of time in which he can improve his technique against the quicks and score those previously elusive centuries.

So why am I delighted that an Aussie has scored a big hundred against the poms?

FANTASY CRICKET!

I'm currently placed 9th in the OrangeWorld fantasy Ashes cricket competition - Due in no small part to Michael's innings last night. After taking a hammering at the end of the last test and the start of this, (I didn't have Colly in my squad - oops) I've made a significant recovery having had Ponting, The Huss, and Clarke in my side. Great points, great for the rankings, but...

Not great for England's position in the test match. Damn if only life and fantasy could combine in a way which made me 100% satisfied.

No comments: